I. Put on the whole armor each day. (Eph. 6:11-18) This is done by reading the word and knowing Christ and applying His teachings. When we stand in Christ we are victorious. He fights for us as we are steadfast in him.
2. Be sober and vigilant against Satan and his wiles. (2 Peter 5:8-9) Be aware of the enemy and his attacks as well as distractions.
3. Give Satan no place. (Eph. 4:27; James 4:7) fight his temptations as soon as they are discovered in thought. Know Satan’s devices, his schemes and goal to deceive. (2 Cor. 2:11) Avoid areas you know you are weak in, train yourself to concentrate on Christ and his word.
4. We Overcome Satan by standing on the word of God and in the Spirits power who strengthens our weaknesses. (Matt.1:11; I Jn. 2:14)
5. We Overcome Satan by the blood of Jesus and our testimony. (Rev. 12:11) We cannot be removed if we hold onto Christ by faith. Be assured of what took place in your life, as well as Christ’s promise to cleanse.
6. We Overcome Satan in the name of Jesus Christ and his merits. (Eph. 2:20-22) Our position in Christ brings us the victory.
7. Watch and pray that you do not enter into temptation. (Mt. 28:41; Mt. 6:13) We are to walk circumspectly knowing the evil around us that can influence and affect our spiritual life.
8. Know your position in Christ, don’t go on experiences for your spiritual walk. Walk by what he has said not by what he has not said.
1 Jn. 2:14 “because you are strong and the word of God abides in you and you have overcome the wicked one.” If we continually abide we are being built up and our spiritual muscles are developed.
1 John 5:3-5 “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world–our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? ”
Recommended Resource: Manual for Spiritual Warfare